Vegan Mango Orange Creamsicle
Summer heat is in full swing this week. What better way then to cool off with healthy homemade popsicles! This is made using fresh fruit, some natural maple syrup and coconut cream to add in some healthy fats to help balance your blood sugar and fuel your brain.
I love the creaminess of this popsicle all while being dairy-free. It tastes like sunshine if that was a flavour! I recommend squeezing fresh orange juice since you need the zest from the orange anyways (makes a difference) and the juice is sweeter.
I also did half frozen and half fresh mango. I find that frozen mango can be a tad tarte while fresh mango can be juicy and sweet. Fresh fruit is always best when making popsicles.
- 1 small can (160 ml) of full fat coconut milk/cream
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen mango
- Juice from 2 freshly squeezed large naval oranges
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- Zest of half up to a full orange (based on preference)
- 1 drop of doTERRA orange essential oil (optional)
- In a blender combine the coconut milk, mango, orange juice, maple syrup, orange zest and a drop of food-grade high quality orange essential oil (optional). Blend until smooth. Taste test and add more orange zest or maple syrup if required.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
- When ready to enjoy, run the pop under warm water for 10 seconds to remove it from popsicle mold.
If you are using popsicle sticks that are not part of the mold, freeze the popsicles for 40 minutes, then insert the wooden sticks.