Strawberry Basil Popsicles
Strawberries and basil make the perfect duo for this summer treat. I love making treats that are healthy and use whole foods. The best part about making your own popsicles is that you don’t have to overload on refined sugar.
These pops use the natural sweetness of the strawberries and some honey. A few simple ingredients and a blender and you have healthy homemade popsicles in a flash. Can’t beat that!
The strawberries also blend wonderfully and lead to a flavour packed popsicle that isn’t icy. Be sure to use fresh strawberries, this recipe calls for 1 regular package of strawberries. I like to get local or greenhouse strawberries. The smaller they are the better flavour profile they have. Sometimes the imported jumbo strawberries don’t have much flavour and kinda of taste like water. Keep that in mind when choosing strawberries for your popsicles.
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries (1 package)
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of raw honey
- Roughly chop the strawberries and add to a blender along with lemon zest, lemon juice and honey. Blend until a puree is formed.
- Add in the chopped basil and pulse to combine, just until the basil is in very small pieces. Do not over mix.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight.
Add A Comment